30 April 2007

Lagging

As I get older, I find that I am more susceptible to the effects of jet lag. When I was younger this never seemed to bother me. I could adjust quite easily to nine hours time difference, though I will admit that trip to Japan way back when did throw me.

But now I find it harder to adjust. When I went home I had a hard time of it. Waking up far too early, and going to sleep early as well. For at least a week. Now that I'm back, I'm staying up too late, and am groggy in the mornings. And I am never groggy in the mornings.

All I have to say is I better not be groggy tomorrow morning because I am going to go to the gym at 7am so groggy just won't do.

Suddenly I am struck by confusion over the linguistic basis for the word lag. Seriously- it's a strange word, no? God I love the Internet. I'd show you the link, but blogger is being funny.

No comments: