07 April 2007

One Week, One Test, One Train

Well, here I am. At my dad's house. Spent five days in New York. Had a second night Passover seder. Took my first test. Took a train down to DC. (That's right Herndon Reader, I'm here, I'm so close, you could almost reach out and touch me. *cue "It's a Small World" music track*). Now I'm studying for my next exam which is on Wednesday. Shit, I seriously fucked myself this time around. I need to study like a bandit to have a fighting chance at this. Luckily, it seems I generally work better under pressure, so I guess we'll see. It's all a crap shoot- the dice are gonna fall how the dice are gonna fall.

As for the flight, well, I don't really remember the flight. In fact, the more I take the Xanax, the more I realize that it is providing me with a secure form of temporary amnesia. I know I was on the plane. I remember eating the food. I remember trying to watch a movie or two. Then... I'm not sure I really remember much of anything else. I feel strongly that I woke up frightened at one point and hit the call button when there was some turbulence and asked the flight attendant about it, but I have n specific memory of it either. I don't really remember going through passport control, or getting my luggage. I know these things happened, I just have a very hard time pinpointing any clear specifics. Really freakish. But hey, whatever works.

So later on I'm meeting up with SH who flew in to ostensibly see her parents but also see me. I'm spending the night at hers tonight and then we are going to my step-mother's family for Easter tomorrow. Apparently my step-niece and step-nephew are getting christened but for some reason this is going to involve being dunked in water outdoors. I would like to point out that as I am sitting here on the couch, I'm also looking at a bit of snow floating about. Does this seem like a very good idea? We (SH and I) may skip the church part and head only to dinner. Especially since the church is even further away from dinner which is already in the serious BFE- it's out in Gaithersburg. Fuck that.

So what else is going on? Well, it's not even been seven days yet. I've already been told that I sound 'funny'. My mother asked if I had 'put on weight' since she last saw me and when I got annoyed and said no, her response was that 'Maybe it's just that top you were wearing then.' which is my first date sure thing top that everyone else loves. Ugh. She also annoyed me by trying to describe something about the Global Feminisms exhibit at the Brooklyn Museum but said that she 'wouldn't use the big words' with me when describing art movements. WTF? I suppose that's okay though as SH just called me a bit upset because her dad just screamed at her about the possibility of her moving to London and how he's against it. Everyone's parents has issues.

Anyway. I need to get back to the studying, but wanted to check in. Yes I made it okay, tests underway. One down, two to go. Time flies when you're having fun. Oh. Wait....

No comments: