30 July 2006

Where Did My Time Stopping Button Go?

Too much to do, not enough time. The story of my fucking life. Except there's no fucking in my life at the moment, except the self-done kind.

Half the weekend is already gone and I feel like I have too much to do and I know I have no time to do it in. Studying being top of the list, but also laundry, and planning for my party, and meeting up with C and M at Spitalfields, and I'm sure many other things that are sure to suck my time away and then it will be another Monday.

Things have been a bit hectic around me, though my life seems very still by comparison. Everyone I know is in upheaval. Everyone has big problems or big decisions to deal with. And not unexpectedly, I am often the sounding board for all these friends. Which is fine, but I tend to prefer to focus on things like my friends, than things I should be doing, like studying, and so I am steadily fucking myself over. Which isn't good.

My drama is in a lull as my dating escapades are also in a bit of a lull. After not finding much in the first batch, I'm onto the next batch of potentials. One who wants to schedule a first meeting for coffee, which would be cool. In the meantime, I have managed to wrangle another fancy meal out of Mr.Noshow for the week after next as he's away this whole week. And possibly some play for the week I get back from the states. But for me, this is planning too far in advance. I don't really want to be begging for table scraps a month or so from now. I want someone to indulge in and be indulged by. But I know that's really just wishful thinking and unlikely. Table scraps are filling in the interim.

On the plus side, my neighbor just brought me over a bowl of spicy shrimp, jollof rice, and plantains. Call my lunch sorted! Yay!!

No comments: