05 July 2006

Long Week

This week is not really entertaining me as much as I'd like for it to. I have too much going on. And most of it isn't great. At heart I am a sloth. I make no protestations that I am not. I embrace my sloth-like nature, even though it frequently pisses me off.

But sometimes, you can't be a sloth. Sometimes, the choice is taken away from you. And as much as we all know how much I like my choice taken away from me, in this respect, it is not one of those times.

I'm very busy at work, working on two projects. One that needs my full-time attention, and one that needs a technician. Of course I keep getting pulled to do work for the latter when all I want to do is focus on the former, because I feel that it's very important that I do a good job.

Now that we are reasonably into July, I am starting to have mild panic that I have not started studying for my next exam. I need to start doing this immediately. For that matter, I need to book my exam. I've booked my tickets already, and I know when I want to take it, so I just need to go online and do it. See above, re, sloth.

I probably forgot to mention that I am also teaching at the moment. On a distance learning unit for the course that I've done the past two years. This year, due to various circumstances I didn't go off to Wales to teach, but I'm still doing the distance learning unit. This takes a bunch of time, although it's usually fairly enjoyable. It's just that it's coupled with so much stress with everything else going on that I'm finding it hard. And I worry that I'm not doing as good a job as I should be doing. Of course.

Lastly, I'm dealing with the dating thing again. Talking to a couple of people here and there. This always makes me feel insecure and generally crap and useless. I have one guy who is quite keen, but doesn't seem as keen in the right places as myself, so I'm not really sure about the true potential there. And then I have had some minimal contact with this guy that I noticed at LAM on Sunday. Which is nuts, I saw this guy and I was like 'wow he's really hot'. And so I'm a bit dumbstruck that he chatted a bit with me, even though he doesn't remember me at all (I only saw him, I didn't talk to him). So that's random. But it's not making me happy, it's making me stressed and unhappy. Go figure.

Anyway, tomorrow night it's out with the gang for tlsd's birthday celebrations which should be cool. But I'm not giving her her gift until her actual birthday over the weekend. Haha sucker.

No comments: