23 August 2007

August is Not Kind

- I had to go to the hospital in pain and had emergency(ish) surgery where I ended up losing my ovary and fallopian tube.

- My mother, who came to take care of me gets a call from her cat sitters to tell her on the day she arrives that one of her cats has died- they just found her dead in the apartment. Yes she was old, but it's the other cat that is currently being treated for bone cancer.

- A well loved colleague suddenly passed away yesterday while on vacation with his family. It was sudden and in front of his children. My office will not be the same again.

- My mother ended up getting some sort of molar infection and had to seek emergency dental treatment here which is never particularly ideal.

- Everyone else seems to be getting sick.

- And it keeps raining and it's cold.

- Edited to add: And my boiler just broke.

Enough is enough. This is ridiculous. Good news, please!

2 comments:

HAR said...

Oh that is just awful! i am so sorry you are ill and have been having such a sad and painful August. Let's hope September is much better !

Kopaylopa said...

har- Thanks! I hope so too! The more people hoping, the better....

-K