08 June 2007

Skiing on Grass

Last night I had a very strange dream about some sort of funeral anniversary for my Aunt. And my mother was there. And we were going someplace, and then we had to ski on grass. There was a guy helping to guide us and he was saying that skiing on grass is tricky because it's much slicker and quicker. And it was, so in my dream I was really just trying to dig in my skis and slip sideways down the hill as opposed to actually skiing because then I would just shoot off and it frightened me.

The week has managed to pass relatively quickly. Monday seems like only yesterday and all the days in between are just a blur. I suppose I have been marking time by the changing of my bruises. Lots of yellow now and the very angry red and purple bits are starting to soften. Though oddly there are a couple of belt lashes still very much visible in pale red. Those don't seem to be going much of anywhere. I find them amusing.

The flatmates are gone for the weekend, so I have the place to myself. The weather is supposed to be shitty, so I may try to do the big spring clean I had intended to do two weeks ago. And I really want to hang my curtains- it's only been about two years now, I figure it's time.

I plan on going to the gym, cooking more Japanese food from my fantastic book, I may go see a film, and I may try to go to this large flooring and carpet store that I've seen, because as soon as the flatmates move out I am going to replace the carpeting on the stairs and upstairs which will hopefully solve my moth problem once and for all. My main question though is whether or not I tell the flooring people (who will be removing my current carpet) that I think it's infested? I feel that this may reduce my chances of their actually removing it. I mean, do they put new carpet in the same vans they use to take away old carpet? Tricky.

Even though it may be mundane, I plan on thoroughly enjoying my weekend though. Oh yes indeed.

No comments: