03 December 2008

Why Are You Working?

It just dawned on me today, while looking at the chatter on Facebook, that I have been in a complete mental block about the days of the week. I already knew this to some degree, but today a friend was sending me a message and wrote something about 'being at work' and my very first thought was, "I wonder why she keeps working so much on the weekends?".

Duh.

It's true really- every day feels very much like a weekend in the sense that I generally do fun things and am obviously on no particular schedule. But it's funny to me how it just sunk into my head without me thinking about it. I have forgotten in some ways, that other people are getting up and checking into a job every day, simply because I'm not.

On the other hand, I've just managed to secure the start of a small job that's been floating about since I stopped working- to build a 3D model for someone and we've also now added the inputting of their hand drawings into AutoCAD as well for some extra money. So that's not too bad in the end. I think it will take me about a week to do all of it- and I'll be paid accordingly. Not enough to support myself, but certainly enough to stem the flow out of my savings and let me hang on to my very small cushion for as long as possible.

Of course, this also means I need to get in the mindset of 'I have work to do.'- which in reality I should start this evening. At least that's what I keep telling myself- we'll see if I can actually get it done. See previous comments on procrastination....

No comments: