06 December 2008

Indulgence

I just was on the computer- taking a break from some knitting when I remembered that it was exactly the right time for the most recent art sale from the talented Audrey Kawasaki. Now, of course I have no current income, and I am trying to be extremely frugal, but I thought it was more than coincidental that not only did I just get on the computer during the scant window where this print would be available, but also that I remembered! No small feat.

So I purchased a print. A treat for myself. I'll have to get it framed at some later date. But I see this as a reasonable investment actually. Audrey's work has continued to be in high demand, and resale value of her work is always higher than the original purchase price. If I ever had to sell that is. But I wouldn't of course, unless I had to for some reason. I buy the work because I adore it. But I also know, that in dire circumstances, not being able to pay my mortgage for example, having maxed out my credit cards*, I could put up this work and get back at least what I put in to it, if not more.

So before I become a pauper in the street, scrounging for my next meal, I get to look at it and enjoy it and covet it. Win win I say.

* Not that this is currently in danger of being the case. In fact I just got an extra little job that paid me a hundred and fifty quid, so really, that more than pays for this particular indulgence. I wouldn't have done this at all if I honestly though I couldn't get away with it. I'm far too responsible for that.

No comments: