10 December 2008

Random Notes

Going to the gym, especially when I just start up again, makes me extra hungry. If the goal of going to the gym is getting fit and losing weight, I need to not give in to the urge. This is difficult. I'm hungry. Even though I ate.

The rest of this week, or perhaps early next week I have a small job to do building a 3D model. This has been in the pipes for a while now, so it's nice that it's come through. A little extra money, stemming the flow. I may decide to go out to the house of the people I'm doing it for. Like a mini vacation but not really.

People are starting to leave for the holidays. I hate that. In general, I hate the holiday season here in London. Everyone leaves and the city goes dead. Not like how it is in the States at all. I don't really like this time of year. Usually what gets me through it is at least I 'get a break' from working, except now I'm not working, it's not a break from anything, it's just a lonely spot where no one is around or in town.

I finished some knitting recently that I'm pleased with. Not that it took overly long, or was overly complex, but I'm pleased nonetheless. I need to start a new octopus project for a pregnant friend in Chicago who is getting ready to pop. I think I'm putting it off because the octopus was complex and fiddly. The elephants were much easier.

I have the flat to myself for the next month. Now that I'm free of a flatmate (temporarily) my house is clean and calm. I do like it like that. It goes to show how much havoc a flatmate brings to the table. Of course, it depends on the flatmate though- the best flatmate in the world, D, never gave me any complications at all.

Going to the ex-office holiday party this evening as T's plus one. Should be fun, as free drinks and snacks are always fun, as well as seeing people I'd like to see. On the other hand, I'm not looking forward to the 'So what are you doing?' comment I'm going to get about 100 times. Because the answer is 'Nothing thanks!' and then I'm going to get some look of pity or something. I could do without that part, but I'll get through it. It's alright.

I need to go pick up the next bag of vegetables. I haven't made much of a dent on the last bag of vegetables. This is going to be a serious cooking week. At least vegetables are healthy.

No comments: