21 September 2008

Wheel Keeps on Turning

When did I write last? Must have been Wednesday night. So since then I talked to my office about taking a week without pay, had them agree to it, and then had a tender come through that needs to be put together that I need to be in the office for since I have experience with some of the six sites that the bid is for and also with that particular Council.

On the up side, I talked to the office accountant and he agreed to take a week out of my pay this month and give it to me in November. That's fine. That's really all that matters, so in the end what I needed got sorted out anyway... sort of.

It's still a big waiting game and cluster fuck and I don't know how it's going to play out in the end. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it comes together how I so desperately want for it to- that my citizenship comes through with no hitch. But other than wishing and hoping and getting all my paperwork in as soon as possible, there isn't anything else I can do.

What I can do, is keep living my life to the best of my ability which generally means I'm still quite busy which is stressful, but fine with me. This weekend saw me pass my written scuba test (90 questions- only got one wrong) and arrange for my open water dives next weekend which will be tiring, and take up all weekend, but I'm looking forward to it.

And today is the London Freewheel! I went last year, six weeks after my surgery. No one ended up going with me, so I went on my own, and I loved it. This year, T is going with me, and I need to check with X to see if she's going to make it. I don't think anyone else is coming, but the weather is sunny and cool and I'm really looking forward to cycling the Embankment again with the thousands of people. I've even dressed up special for the occasion. I knew those stripey socks from Glastonbury would come in handy!! Maybe there will even be some photos this year.

Tomorrow is my UK test- I'll need to study tonight and tomorrow morning. And I've just remembered I left my reference number at work so someone will have to give it to me which won't be a problem. I'm going to be so embarrassed if I don't pass this test, but I also haven't really been studying because I was studying for scuba. Oops. If I fail I have to wait seven days to take it again. Which is still before my application date, so it's not the end of the world, it would just be shameful.

And then there's been catching up with friends as well. Saw a number of people yesterday which was all fun and enjoyable. Was down at Borough Market in the morning and eating Turkish meze in the evening- it's hard to go wrong with that.

More rambling later- it's time for Freewheel!!! (cue cheering crowd, loud music, streamers and balloons)

2 comments:

Louche said...

How was Freewheel? I loved it last year, although part of the joy may have been due to escaping the flat because the Ex had said something extremely unpleasant.

Still I'm pretty sure free jam sandwiches and empty roads would be fun at any time.

Kopaylopa said...

louche- The Freewheel was really good- though not quite as good as last year, which was a shame. You'd think an event like that would grow and improve on it's past, not dwindle. But it was still excellent!! I need to get a photo or two off T- I had some smashing socks on.

-K