24 September 2008

Quickie

I'm going to keep this short because I'm trying to finish off my next article and I'm procrastinating and really, it's getting a bit late, and I should think about finishing it up and going to bed.

Plus I have a book up there to read. How much do I love to read?

Anyway.

On Monday I passed my 'Life in the UK' test. Barely. There were 24 questions and you have to get 18 right in order to pass. Well, the ones I got right, I knew without a doubt were right, but there were seven questions that I really wasn't sure about. I know this, because I counted. I figured that wasn't awful odds though- all I had to do was get one right and I would pass.

Well, I sort of think that's exactly what happened. Because as I left the test center (clutching my pass letter) I looked up some of the ones I wasn't sure about.

And I got them all wrong.

Although I did work out which one I got right. Thank god.

Work is trucking along in a miserable state. Lots of people looking for work and taking interviews who haven't actually been made redundant. It's a depressing sort of place at the moment. And it's not going to be any better as people start to trickle away. But it's going to be what it's going to be.

Meanwhile, I keep hoping that we get a job in so that I end up with some sort of work (and therefor pay) as opposed to no work (and no pay). But we'll see. Can't predict the future. Can only live in the present.

Open water scuba dives are this weekend. Have to leave my house at some ungodly hour both days. I'm talking something around six in the morning here. On a weekend. But hey- maybe I'll take next week off. We'll see.

In the meantime- I've cycled to work a total of three times now. Isn't that exciting?

2 comments:

Louche said...

What is on the test?

Kopaylopa said...

louche- They make you sign your life away- can't tell.. but it's all from the book, chapters 2-6!

-K