07 September 2008

Pre SCUBA Concerns 1

S and I have now watched the four hours of video required, though I have only read about 1/4 of the book that I should probably read 1/2 by tomorrow. It's okay. I watched the video.

In general, I think I may like scuba- mainly because I love most things water related. I was a lifeguard a lifetime ago, and co-captain of my high school swim team.

However.

I have never liked snorkeling. I have always thought it was pretty much the shit of the shit. Mainly, I hate breathing water. I know, pretty unique. But seriously. Breathing water is a big no-no for me. So there's that. I really don't understand how the water stays out of your mouth with the respirator going in and out. Obviously some water gets in there, so either you drink it or it gets 'blown out'. But I'm dubious about how well it gets blown out. And how do you swallow with that damn thing in your mouth anyway? I'm known for my blow job issues, this just seems like a ridiculous extension.

Next.

There was a whole bit about reverse pressure problems in air spaces. Specifically how you can get it in a tooth that has a cavity. Oh, well, I happen to know for a fact that I have two cavities in my wisdom teeth because I haven't bothered to get them looked at since I went to the dentist who told me so at Easter. Mostly because her advice was to get those wisdom teeth taken out- which I suppose I could do, but I still figured I'd take care of everything back here in the UK. Obviously, I've avoided it. Now I find out I can get expanding air pressure in a cavity.

The only thing I am glad about at the moment is that I bought a bathing suit in Chicago to replace the one that shredded right before I left from elastic corrosion.

Not sure when I'm going to post next- thought first lesson impressions could be fun. Between this and that and everything else, I feel like I'm running around ragged. Bollocks.

1 comment:

Louche said...

Can you just pretend it's one of your naughty adventures? I mean it will involve wearing strange clothes so it's half-way there.