27 January 2008

Party Aftermath and General Malaise

Well the party was much fun. Lets start there. I had to drag myself into getting ready because I was just feeling tired and not really up for going out, but I got myself into the shower, and started putting my outfit together, and it helped revived my spirit. I had some oversized boy-jeans that are all ripped and bleached, then to poke out of that I had a hot pink thong with zebra striping. Over which I had a black bra and a red tank top which of course showed the black bra. On top of that I had a supersized navy blue hoodie. Three gold chains, two with charms added to the ensemble. Then I had huge gold hoop earrings and pulled my hair into a tight ponytail with straightened bangs split into two. And I finished it off with some blue green shimmer eyeshadow and some frosted lipstick.

Of course the best part of the outfit were the two dolls I picked up, one white and one black which I said were my twins, Brittany and Beyonce. So having put this outfit together, the first problem I encountered was how do I get to my friends house without being killed? Because I should point out, that living in the heart of Hackney as I do, I wouldn't look so completely out of place, but carrying around the dolls- then I'd get my ass kicked. So I sorted out that problem by tossing them in a backpack to take the bus to my friends.

The next very best thing that happened after I got off the bus and having been looked at funny by a number of people, was that I saw my friend M crossing the road to also go to the party. So I stopped and looked at her but she didn't notice me. Then she did glance at me once as she crossed the road but quickly looked away. So I stood my ground and just stared at her at which point she looked at me with a "Who do you think you are bitch and what do you want get out of my way look." before we both bust out laughing because she finally recognized who I was.

Apparently this nice Jewish girl passes for a streetwise Puerto Rican in the dark and all done up ghetto-like.

So the party was good and many of the outfits were spectacular. So that was all good really. But I wasn't feeling the best still, so I didn't drink anything except for a large glass of juice and I had a couple of the snacks here and there but didn't eat much either. Me and the little flatmate left to go home around 1:30 in the morning which was fine. And I think I was in bed by 2. Sadly, I woke up at just past 4 feeling horribly sick and needed to go throw up.

Of course, this wouldn't be so awful really except that I hadn't drank anything! That's not fair! And really it's just the culmination of a week which has seen me feeling fairly poor for most of it. Mostly it's been general nausea but also some headaches and tiredness. I managed not to throw up all week, but last night it just happened. Today I'm feeling tired again, and not particularly hungry. I've had a banana and a handful of crackers today so far and that's it (and it's 3:30). I did however manage to go out and pick up a framed piece of art that I bought from Ms.Stagg which looks awesome framed so I'm happy about that.

But really I'm supposed to be cleaning the house this weekend for my own get together next weekend. And I'm feeling run down and not great. But I don't want to take time off work, so I intend to go to work tomorrow. Which means the house needs to be cleaned up. But instead I'm doing this because I am having trouble finding the motivation and my biggest current concern is whether or not I'm hungry or not and if I am hungry what can I eat that isn't going to come back up a couple of hours later.

At least the party was fun.

3 comments:

Louche said...

Can we a photo of this look?

moi said...

Oh yes indeedy!
Where are the photo's of Brittany & Beyonce's going "around the outside"...
lol

Kopaylopa said...

louche- The images are apparently being held hostage. I knew I should have brought my own camera. One day...

moi- How funny... that was one of the jokes of the evening.... wait a minute... were you there??? ;)

-K