14 January 2008

Long Monday

I keep thinking it's more than Monday but it isn't. I'm just about to go to bed so I can get up to go to the gym in the morning. I didn't go this morning even though I woke up- I hadn't slept well and when I craned my neck around to look out the window and saw that it was raining, that sealed the deal and back to sleep I went.

Work is busy but I find it hard to get motivated. Still, with two Wednesday deadlines, it's not really optional. Tomorrow I am likely going to be at work late. On top of this, I need to be finishing up my next article. Too busy.

I met SH out for dinner tonight which was good. We ate at a Moroccan place I'd not tried yet. It was good. I've been very excited about my new blender and have been making smoothies. I made one for breakfast this morning and it managed to keep me satisfied until lunch which is fairly impressive. I'm going to make another one tomorrow. Smoothies are delicious.

And I had some interesting conversation with Mr.Aloof today in respect to things. I brought up the other couple since I felt that was responsible (them having been gone for a month, it hasn't been a topic of importance). But they are back and they are keen to see me and I wanted Mr.Aloof to be clear what I was up to and not to put myself in a position where I could be accused of being dishonest or irresponsible.

And that was an interesting exchange. One that may pick up again tomorrow, and may not. But I felt like we were able to talk about things we both find frustrating or difficult without having an argument or being angry or upset about it. And that felt productive. And it was also productive that he didn't give me any hassle about pursuing other interests and in fact encouraged it which was what I had wanted to begin with. So I feel better about things. And I've already told the other couple about Mr.Aloof, so there aren't any problems in that direction at all.

So my 2008 is looking up at the moment.

Currently one of my bigger considerations is whether or not to apply for indefinite leave to remain or for dual citizenship. Call me crazy, but it's cheaper and has more advantages to go for citizenship and the requirements are exactly the same. Does this make any sense? Still, if my initial research is correct, this may be the year I get a second passport. How completely crazy is that? I wouldn't have imagined it in a million years. Sometimes I really like my life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought you already had long-term permission to stay. I would advise going for citizenship as there are times when producing a UK passport would be preferable to displaying a US one...

Kopaylopa said...

Hm... I think I might disagree with that, seeing as how the UK only has a reputation now as being the US's bee-yatch. Still, this notion will probably elicit an entire new post. It's a generally strange topic.

-K