23 February 2007

Of Lions and Lambs

Well it's a bit early isn't it? I mean, it's not actually March yet, that's next week.

Today is Friday which is a good thing. This has felt like an amazingly long week at work. It didn't start well with two evening meetings- one on Monday and one on Tuesday. Add to that trying to study which is tedious at the best of times, and pressure from another client on one of my projects, it's just been a very long week.

Met up with J last night and am feeling a bit strange about that at the moment as well. It's not that one expects all time together to be great. And to be fair, he's coming off being sick- which is bad enough, but he was holding a slight grudge that I wasn't being sympathetic enough I think, which is no way to gain my sympathy really. Still, the differences seemed stark and large. From enthusiasm for food to drinking habits to television watching to evening listening choices. It was the sort of evening where I wanted things to match up and all they did was seem to lock horns. So I felt frustrated and annoyed a bit too. I don't know. The beginning of the end or a one off? We have plans for Sunday so I guess I'll wait and see.

Distracting me from thinking about all that too much is the planning for the arrival of my friend AS who comes on Thursday and SH who comes on Friday! It's great when friends come here, and it's great to see people I don't see often at all. AS I haven't seen in over a year I think? And SH not since last August. So even though I have to squeeze in studying, I'm very excited to have parts of my 'other life' here with me in London.

Another thing swilling about in the periphery is that SA has finally reached a point with his business that they may be ready to hire. This means I may have a serious job offer on the table and an opportunity to move. While this could be a really substantial opportunity, I'm always edgy about change. Change generally works out for me, but the process of changing I never enjoy. Well, does anyone really? Still... things are afoot I guess. Better than the alternative.

No comments: