19 February 2007

I Love the Smell of Napalm in the Morning

I've done my job to increase my exposure to carcinogens today. Before I left the house, I sprayed the entire stairwell with moth poison. Of course the bottle was crap and it dripped all over my hands. Then I read the bottle and it said 'do not get on skin'. So if I hadn't already poisoned myself enough in this lifetime, lets just add that to the list.

Still, I hope the stuff works. I saw a couple of moths in the carpet when I was spraying and it did seem to kill them instantly. Die moths, die.

My weekend was reasonably good, but as always too short. SA, MO, and I went to this place in central London called Sketch because MO really wanted to use the toilets there. All I have to say is, the tea was fantastic and it is completely worth it just so you can go and use the toilets there. In fact I suggest making sure you have to go once when you arrive, and staying long enough to go again just so you can use a different one.

Sunday was a bit of a waste because I was supposed to go out with tlsd but she cancelled on me. Or rather, I had to chase her down after noon to see if we were going out as we'd planned, and then she cancelled on me. That sort of sucked because we'd had long-standing plans all week, and I'd already waited all morning which is my most productive time. Also, we hadn't met up the weekend before because she was working, and I'd been looking forward to our outing, but it wasn't really something that was going to be as much fun if I just went on my own so I didn't bother. Instead I stayed in my pyjamas all day, did some studying, some knitting, some cooking, lots of laundry, and watched television. D&V were home all day as well working, which was alright. They're very easy people to live with, even if they are a couple.

I feel slightly ill today and I'm not sure if it's the moth poison or that J has a minor cold and maybe I've caught it? Very hard to tell. Hope I feel better soon, queasy is no fun.

No comments: