04 February 2007

No Catchy Title

Sitting in my house on a Sunday. I dread the idea that I have to go to work tomorrow, but at least my boss is away for the rest of the month. So I should be able to avoid the feelings of paranoia I occasionally have from his proximity.

Currently I have a load of laundry in the machine that needs to come out and get hung up before it sits too long and needs to be washed again. I hate how quickly things start to smell in the machine. Of course I should just be better about taking out the laundry when it's finished, but perhaps that's asking too much.

I've been more preoccupied with knitting a new scarf, having finished the pink one for CS I had been working on for a while now. I'm pretty excited about this one because the pattern is complex enough that I have to pay attention every row. This means I shouldn't get bored. The downside is that I think I'm using wool that's a bit too thick for the pattern, so it's not coming out exactly like I anticipated. But it looks cool so far, so I think that's okay. Plus I may try blocking it when it's finished and that may help it expand and loosen up a bit.

So I'm thinking of course, about the events of the past 48 hours. Everything went well, so that's cool. Still, I'm not the sort of person to rush into anything. I recognize we have significant differences in social history and interests and we need to spend some time establishing more of the commonalities. What's important is how it plays itself out. Either we will get along in spite of our differences, or these differences will grow into road-blocks and become insurmountable obstacles. On the positive side, even though I recognize we have differences at this point, it hasn't put me off J. And he doesn't seem to be put off of me yet- I'm the one who is spacing out our time to spent together at the moment. So I guess that's positive. I feel like the next couple weeks should be spent out and about in the city doing things together to work on establishing our shared history (outside of intimacy of course, starting off on a very, very interesting shared path at the moment but sex isn't enough to make a 'relationship' as I've painfully learned the past couple years). I'll consider some options and make some suggestions. I already have a couple of possible outings in mind. So we'll see.

I need to get in some good studying today- at least a couple hours. Am supposed to meet SA for lunch or something which will be nice. We originally planned to do more, but he's changed his plans due to work commitments. So that's not too bad. I can focus on cleaning up around here a bit. I'll tell you, I didn't anticipate that J would be staying over here two nights this past week. Usually I clean up my room significantly before any possible overnight guests. So he got to see my room in it's ultimate state of disorder. How embarrassing. It's even been worse than usual lately. So I need to fix that pronto. At least the rest of the house is fairly in order.

No comments: