26 October 2006

Very Annoyed

About three months ago I won an eBay auction for a portfolio of work by Craig Cowling aka Naughty James. I wasn't sure I could even afford to bid on it, but was lucky that the final price came in under my max, and I won the item. I was actually really excited about it, having before that recently bought some prints from CJC, I thought it would be nice to add to the collection.

Then of course the nightmare began. I sent a check for payment which included shipping, and then.... nothing. I send emails, 'Have you received my payment?'. Finally I got a response. Payment received, need to arrange pick-up/delivery (even though my payment included ten pounds for 'shipping').

Thus began the horrific, annoying, and disheartening journey of someone stealing my money and not delivering the goods. Of course the 60 day eBay period came and went, and it wasn't through paypal, so I can't go there for any claims. Now I have to go to the fucking police because this jerk who literally lives two blocks from my house can't be bothered to do the right thing and has actually stolen from me.

I can't actually believe that someone would be so.... shit really. I figured, maybe he doesn't want to part with his prints after all, I said he could just give me the money back and fair would be fair. But he hasn't said anything at all. Just ignores me, like I'm going to go away and leave him with my cash, nothing more than a thief and a fraud.

And anyone who knows me, knows that I'm usually pretty generous and fair about stuff. And not always so naive. You just figure that when someone fucking sells you something, that they aren't going to take your fucking money and run. Of course, like I said, he IS only two blocks from my house. I think a house call may be in order.... Bastard.

2 comments:

X said...

I had an issue like this and managed to get a refund. That said, best of luck to you. If you need to make any "house calls", I'll be back in London the weekend of the fourth of November. I'll be happy to help you "negotiate".

---X

Kopaylopa said...

I may want to fucking take you up on that. I am so fucking irate about this it's not even funny (have just been to the police station actually, more hassle, but god damn I'm going to pursue it to the very fucking last!).

-K