04 November 2008

Blurry Remembrances

Well, last week didn't turn out at all like I planned. I wrote something substantial here last Saturday and have been quite since then. Last Saturday saw me heading back to Croyden for a friend's birthday dinner which was good fun, though I can't say that my opinion of Croyden has changed in the slightest. Having to go twice in one week makes me think that really, if I never go again in the next year, that would be fine. It's soul sappingly bleak.

Monday I was all settled in to start my week of 'things to do' when in the afternoon I got a call from my ex office asking if I could come in for three days as they were desperate to have some work done and oddly enough, there was no one to do the work.

*pause for dramatic effect*

So I did that. I sucked it up and took their money and worked the three days while friends of mine laughed at 'how long it took' for them to realize they'd made a mistake. Still, it was just three days and I don't suspect there will be more in the near future. But money is money so that was fine.

However, it completely threw my plans for the week and everything had to be rescheduled and squeezed in. This included plans on Thursday night to attend 'games night' at Sweet Torments with the other couple. So I brought a bag to work, dashed off by 5pm to make it to their place by 6 where we all changed into some appropriate fetish attire, had some dinner, and got a Streetcar to drive to the club. Which was cool, but I was a bit miffed that most people were not 'dressed' for a fetish night, it was more like a munch with games at a club. And the club was cold. But nevermind, because the games were fun and at least I wasn't alone being dressed, just in the minority. And by the end of the evening there were a couple of cute young things running around mostly naked, so eye candy is always welcome.

We got back to their place at some point past midnight and proceeded to mess about the three of us in the bed, but then she was tired and happy for us to continue in her absence which involved some flogging, spanking, biting, many many orgasms, and sex. Hard to go wrong entirely except that he and I didn't get to bed until past four in the morning and I needed to leave before 9 because Heathrow was coming over for our third date.

Yes, can I book it or what? So Heathrow (the new name given by my friends because of my staying at his place by Heathrow during the scuba) was supposed to come to mine for lunch and we were going to cook a Korean food feast and watch the movie Tampopo which is one of my most favorite movies of all time. Of course given my slow start and work during the week, I hadn't been able to research or go get the food required so I was rushing about in the morning, exhausted and with huge bags under my eyes, though luckily we pushed it back a bit and Heathrow didn't get to mine until 1 and by then all was under control, though I was exhausted.

And we had a lovely, lovely day of cooking and eating and movie watching I have to say. Now what I can't say, is exactly what's going on with us. Are we just friends? Just getting to know each other? Is there potential there? And how frustrating is it to talk to someone about rope scenes and rope bondage and yet not have them make any slightest suggestion of laying a finger on you. And let me just say, this guy is good. Like known around in circles as good, and I for one am intrigued. But in the meantime, we chat and chat and chat and chill out and have a good time, so that's fine. Slow progression suits me probably. And I'm not bothered that things are slow, I'm just confused and that's different.

Saturday my friends M and T came by to help me eat leftovers for lunch and the weather was so awful we all just ended up sitting around my house chatting and watching television until it was dinner time so we went out to the grocery store to get pizzas and had dinner as well. Seemed appropriate for the weather, and Sunday I never even bothered to get dressed.

Yesterday I was pretty busy all day taking care of 'things' and today I'm also pretty busy though I don't feel like I'm taking care of very much and tomorrow I have an interview with a place that doesn't necessarily have a job, but asked me in for an interview so I need to give them the hard sell. Or the chat up really, where I act all eager and pliable and shit. No, it should be good though. Practicing my interview skills is fine, and an opportunity is an opportunity.

Then the rest of the week I need to crank on this private job I've managed to secure building a 3D model and I'm also arranging a second private job building a 3D model, so this is all good because it's money coming in, but I need to actually find time to do the damn work which is not as easy as you'd think given my current unemployed status! Ridiculous.

In any case, that's the catch up around here, which should allow me to start writing the posts that I keep meaning to, like how toilet brushes are Satan's gift to the world and how I've hit a bad spot of really missing Mr.Aloof.

So on that, I'll leave you with an image of our feast.

No comments: