23 November 2008

Another Week Another Blur

Well, true to the last post, another blur of time is upon me. Honestly, it's confusing where it all goes. Although the week was punctuated with some fun and activities, when you aren't working- or building towards something substantial, it just seems wasteful.

I managed to finish knitting a pair of fingerless gloves for S who lost the first pair I made for him. I hope he is not so careless with the second. I was tempted to run a string from one to the other, as you do for small children so as to pass them through the sleeves so they can never be lost, but we'll see how it goes without I think. I have a feeling he won't be so quick to lose this pair.

On Wednesday, me and three friends went to a taping of the Graham Norton show which was really a lot of fun. It was interesting to note how much of the 'show' actually gets cut to make the final product. I'd say there was at least an hour and a half or more of actual taping but this is all edited down to only thirty minutes- and a chunk of that is the song at the end by the guest musical artist. So really, there's loads of entertainment that just ends up on the cutting room floor. Shame really, but then it makes it worthwhile to make it to the taping- since you get to see it all.

On Friday I went to a comedy gig on a boat with S and his parents, and before that we went to dinner which was fun. S's parents are the main reason that I am putting together Thanksgiving dinner on Thursday, since they would be here, and I figured I'd be free, so I could actually do it. It should be good. I have nine confirmed people and it may pop up to eleven. I've got all my dishes planned, and a schedule laid out of what I need to do when. I'm looking forward to it, even though it's quite a bit of work. It's the first Thanksgiving I've ever done myself!

Then yesterday S and T and I went bridesmaid dress shopping which was a slight disaster. Time to hit the Internet again. It's not something I've done before, and it's slightly ridiculous- there are all these dresses but so few samples so how can you justify spending that much money on a dress you can't even try on?? Well, I can't. We managed to try on a couple, but not nearly enough. So back to the drawing board in a way.

Today the weather is gray and more gray on that. There was a smidgen of wet snow in the square across from my house but I assume it's gone now as it's been raining intermittently since I got up. I'd like to say I plan on not leaving my house today but later I'm going to S's to have dinner with him and his parents and also to retrieve the canned pumpkin and cream of mushroom soup and fried onions that I need for my Thanksgiving preparations that were specially brought over in a suitcase for the purpose. All things I can't get here.

This week upcoming I have trips to Stamford Hill planned for ingredients, a haircut, a shopping delivery, at least one shopping trip, lots of baking and cooking, a free lunch, a table delivery (or borrowing as it were), and of course some cleaning up when all is done!

No comments: