15 November 2006

I Beat It With the Stick But It Just Won't Die

Ostensibly I'm at work because I'm supposed to be working. Clearly this is not the case. The thing is, if it's not one thing, it's another. This project of mine is now two weeks late, and it's looking very much like it's going to be another week late at least on top of that. On the one hand, this is not bad, because as this is 'my project' I am in a good position of responsibility and such. On the other hand, I'm just sick of it. And all the pressure. And it's so very close but things keep cropping up and throwing it all into mayhem.

And I really don't like working so much. I'm the sort of person who does not live to work. I've never been interested in having my own firm, I've never wanted that level of responsibility and investment. I prefer to have a life you see. Except I'm not having much of one at the moment.

Which has been highlighted to be by both of my parents this week. I suppose I'm lucky that they've mostly waited until I was 32 to unwittingly tag-team me about my single-ness. It's been on my dads mind for a while, but my mother has rarely chimed in. But all of the sudden she's starting too. Which doesn't make me want to go find anyone, probably just the opposite. I can be quite contrary like that. Still, I know they only have my best interests at heart, but it's not really like I need a 'reminder' that I'm single, do I? Jesus.

In other unassociated news, I found out my step-mother is coming to stay with me in between Christmas and New Years, and my aunt is thinking of coming as well. Which could be lots of fun. My step-mother is awesome and my aunt is crazy but good fun. And anyway, everyone else is going to be away!

No comments: