28 March 2005

J the half Mexican

I knew a girl. A girl who said, "Hi, my name is J, and I'm half Mexican". She would make enchilladas from grocery store cans. She had a real authentic recipe for guacamole which included using the extremely authentic ingredient of ChiChi's brand salsa. A year into knowing her, she revealed to her good group of friends (of which I was not a part) the origin of her half Mexican status. You see, her step-father is Mexican.

Now, in and of itself, this story is sad and misguided. But if you consider that this same person seemed to have no problems applying for scholarships and the like and ticking the 'Latin' box. Lets all think about that one.

Shit. Do you know how many scholarships I could have gotten if only I had realized sooner I was half black???


my step-niece demonstrating the benefits of 'duck and cover' or pretending to be an egg. i'm not sure. Posted by Hello

No comments: