07 November 2010

Keeping Count Part 2 - Growth

I am of course, procrastinating. I have a huge huge huge deadline for this Friday and have been working hard, although there is still much to do.

I've had something of a naughty weekend. Well, not weekend but Friday night. This involved me hooking up with M- on our second date. This was a lot of fun. I even managed to work around the BOHS, so that was an added bonus. But it's occurred to me that this means that I have had sex with three people now, this year. This significantly changes my 'number'. So I think it's time for a new list to update the old. I am also, for the first time, going to use real first names. Because it's easier that way, and lets face it- they aren't particularly telling about anything at all.

  • Sean - 1994, +1y
  • Ben - 1999? (might have been '98), 2x?, 0y
  • Nick - 2004? (might have been '05) 1x, -5y
  • Barry - 2005 1x, +20y
  • Peter - 2005, 2006 2x, +10y
  • Alan - 2006-2008, +10y
  • John - 2008, +4y
  • Jo - 2008-2010 (with significant breaks), -1y
  • Mel - 2009, 0y
  • Gavin - 2010 2x, -3y
  • Leigh - 2010 3x, -1y
  • Michael - 2010 2x, -8y

  • 2010 is a busy year it seems. I feel like some sort of dorky teenager with these lists, but sex is still, STILL so novel to me, that it seems important. Or maybe it's the only way I can get my head around trying to quantify my experiences, by being quantitative about it. I'm still not counting girls. Or maybe I should. Maybe it's a separate list. It's clearly much shorter.

    Melanie & Kelly - 1997 1x
    Lucy - 2008-9, 3x
    Clair - 2008-10, (with significant breaks)

    I think some of the dates are off, although it would be easy enough to check that mostly back through this blog or for older activities, my written journals. But this is a good enough guess for me now, and to be honest I'm procrastinating enough. I should write something about my recent entertainment, and the hickey on my neck. But I think that will have to wait for another time. I haven't had this much action since 2005. It's been kind of exciting, but also it's kind of depressing. I would like to have a relationship. Like, a real relationship that lasted for a while, where I have been with someone long enough to forget how many times we've actually had sex. In a way, the list just reminds me of how scant the experiences seem, how much dashed hope there has been.

    Still, it is what it is, and it's here for me to keep track!

    No comments: