29 October 2013

Clarification

Because when I posted the last post, there were three shitty things that had happened and I figured that just about summed it up.

First, I had a paper that I submitted to a journal, that I had already had the abstract accepted for, that a number of people had proof read for me, rejected.

Then this morning I had the retrieval for my egg freezing and they got 3 eggs which was a low number and in fact the lowest of the 3 cycles I've done, and while three his better than one, it was still disappointing and upsetting, especially because I was expecting a minimum of 5.

And when I got home I had email from the guy saying that he just wasn't feeling a spark to date me but you know, he'd like to be friends because we have a good connection.  So let me paraphrase, we have a good mental connection because we've had great email and conversation but what it comes down to is after we met in person he wasn't attracted to me.  He didn't say that, but it's what he meant.

And so I thought I was having a pretty shitty day and a big fuck you to the day seemed appropriate.

But wait, there's more!

Because I was just on the phone with my mother this evening and she starts saying how I've obviously put on weight (I haven't).  And then she says, "Oh, because the most recent pictures of you on facebook made it look like you have."  Thanks.  "Well, I mean those pictures from the two weddings of you were really unflattering."  Thanks.  "I'm sorry, I mean your face just looked really heavy."  Thanks.  "No really I'm sorry, it's just those pictures were really unflattering."

It's 8:45 and I'm going to bed.  I've had enough of today.

No comments: