19 March 2011

Marching Through March

So things are a bit better than they were. I had a few major deadlines pass, and having met them, a large chunk of work that was stressing me out has finished. There is still a lot more to do and the pressure isn't entirely off, but I'm feeling a bit better about things.

Yesterday I received my first 'blog book' made using Blurb. It took me a while to put 2005 together and the final book was around 240 pages. But I can't speak highly enough about the quality and printing.
I was so impressed- it came and was even better than I thought it was going to be. It's inspired me to start on 2006 immediately. It makes me so happy to be able to have all of my blog writing in one place.

In fact I'm so impressed with this that my new plan is to make a cook-book out of the vegetarian dishes published by Ottolenghi in the Guardian. I've started grabbing the recipes already. Some of them are the same that are in the cookbooks but most of them are different. I think this would make a great gift for H and also S and perhaps T. The only problem is that unless I make each dish myself, I'm not going to have the right photos to go with each recipe. So I'll have to think about this. I have a couple of ideas but I'm not sure.

In an hours time I'm going to meet up with C to get some weed. I'm almost out of brownies so I think I'm going to make another batch. They're much better than smoking and obviously last a long time. I also got some for G so I can give that to him the next time I see him, with an ever so slight mark-up to reduce my purchase a bit. Win win!

I've booked tickets to the states for April for 3 weeks so that will be nice. I need to do some shopping while I'm there so will need to be incredibly strict about this one suitcase thing. I'm tempted to go buy one larger suitcase seeing as I hate the one I have currently anyway. I don't know. I'll think about it. I think what I'll do is travel with minimal clothes, buy some clothes and wear them there which means I'll need to go shopping quickly. But that's hardly a burden. I guess every 2 years I need to get jeans. It takes me that long to wear through them. I don't think I got jeans last year, but it's hard to remember, maybe I did?

In other news, life is mostly work related and not very social in the sense that 2011 appears to be a no-boy sort of year. I did mess about with the other couple that one time, but I'm not even counting that. On the plus side, my every other week movie and date night with T has worked brilliantly. Two for one pizza in Cambridge on Mondays provides a good reason for socializing with different people. And I try to fit in seeing other people as well. On Thursday I had really lovely evening with Ms.Woo in Islington. These things make me happy. Regular sex and a boyfriend would also make me happy, but at least these sorts of activities I can arrange on my own.

I realize this entry has been a bit nonsensical. My mind is just working that way at the moment. I'm sure I'll have more important and significant things to say some other time.

No comments: