13 March 2009

Busy Girl

Okay, yeah, it's been a while.

I've been really busy. Work with S's firm has been going well, although it's a new schedule and routine to suddenly try to get used to. I managed to submit the first part of my PhD application and need to get the rest together this weekend to put in the post. So that's generally underway now- and that's good.

I've been seeing Heathrow every weekend since I wrote. Not for entire weekends- but the past what, three weeks? It's been every weekend. Which is nice. On the other side of that coin, we had a somewhat serious conversation about how he is really really not looking for a relationship and so I have to accept that whatever this thing is that I'm having with him, has a time limit. I don't know what that time limit is. I don't know who is going to be the one to get tired first, or to want something more or different first, but it will happen. This makes me sad on the one hand, and a bit wary on the other, as I really don't want to be the one who gets dumped. But I am also not willing to give up this experience I'm having just because that is one possibility that I don't like.

One of the more entertaining things to come out of recent time spent with Heathrow is that he's lent me one of his guitars so I can learn to play. I've been playing fairly regularly for two weeks now and can play nine chords. I'm currently working on 'Take It Easy' by the Eagles and can play it, albeit very slowly if I want to play correctly, or very badly if I want to play at speed. Still, it's fun. I'm building callouses up on my fingers and for some reason this entertains me.

So what else? In not so long I'll be making the annual trip home. I'm not really thinking too much about that yet, though I'm aware that it's not that far off. I need to go to the GP and get me some more happy pills before the flight. There is no way I'm going without them again.

In some ways there are a lot of things to write about, things I want to write about- but I feel distracted. I am having trouble focusing on sitting down and saying all the things that I probably want to say. I think it's because I've been so busy, because there are so many different threads of things going on. I'm sure I'll get back in the groove shortly.

No comments: